I know I promised everyone that I would post the recipe of Puttu soon. Be assured that the promise is still fresh in my mind! But when I was making cheese omelette today morning, suddenly something clicked at the back of my mind,"Hey, isn't the deadline of MFT-Cheese event hosted by Poornima today?! Oh my..I need to rush and post this". Though I bookmark all interesting events I somehow end up sending my entries at the last moment! It happened few times and this is again no exception :)
Well who can say no to stuffed omelette? Definitely not I!! I have loved stuffed omelette ever since I was a child and love to indulge on it at any time of the day-be it for breakfast, lunch or dinner! And cheese omelette has become one of my favourites. I have used Jarlsberg cheese for preparing this omelette. I was introduced to this cheese by my husband who loves this cheese like anything! Often I catch him munching on this block of cheese. Though I try to avoid cheese he made me try it and I have fallen in love with it ever since! Jarlsberg is a Norwegian cheese which is extremely popular here in US. Yellowish in colour with a nutty, buttery, slightly sweet taste this cheese may be used for cooking or can be had as a snack too! The holes on this cheese reminds me of Jerry of the famous cartoon Tom and Jerry, munching on a block of cheese. Ever since I liked this cheese I started incorporating this in recipes wherever I could.
I always love my omelette to be spicy and hence used sliced green chillies for a spicier version. Also I love the flavour imparted by coconut oil to the omelette and hence I have used it for greasing the pan. You may use any type of oil or butter instead of coconut oil. This stuffed omelette can be had for breakfast or as a side dish along with a meal and is quite filling.So lets enjoy this cheesy omelette!
3 large eggs
2 tbsp grated Jarlsberg cheese
1/4 white onion minced
1/2 tomato chopped
1/2 green bell pepper(capsicum) chopped
2 small green chillies sliced thin
Salt to taste
Dash of Italian seasoning
Oil for greasing the pan
- Season eggs with salt, pepper & Italian seasoning.
- Beat eggs well for few minutes till it becomes frothy. This enables the omelette to become fluffier.
- Add minced onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, green chillies and grated cheese.
- Mix well to incorporate the ingredients.
- Grease a non stick pan with oil/butter.
- Pour the egg mixture and cover and cook for few minutes till the bottom layer has turned golden brown.
- Flip the omelette to the other side and again repeat the process.
- When both sides have attained golden brown colour and eggs are fully cooked remove from heat.
- Serve hot!
- Enjoy creamy cheesy omelette!
Along with this I'm also sending my French Toast to Show me your breakfast event.
Other Breakfast Recipes:
Other Egg Recipes: