French toast is a delicious snack and can be served for breakfast. Simple and easy to prepare this can be made in a jiffy and is healthy too! Thinking of french toast takes me back to my childhood days when my mom used to prepare this as an evening snack and I entering the house tired after school smelling the aroma of freshly made toasts. Slices of bread are dipped in an egg-milk mixture with additional flavourings, placed on a pan greased with butter and cooked on both sides until golden brown. You may add additional toppings like powdered sugar, maple syrup, whipped cream etc.
4 whole wheat bread slices
Whole milk- 2/3-3/4 cup
Eggs - 2
Granulated sugar - 2tbsp
Vanilla extract- 1/4 tsp
Ground cinnamon- 1/8 tsp
- Beat eggs well.
- Add milk, sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon and mix well.
- Heat a pan over low-medium heat.
- Grease with butter cubes.
- Dip both sides of a bread slice in batter for few seconds and place on the pan.
- Cook each slice for about 1 minute per side or until golden brown.
- Add more butter to the pan to cook the other slices.
- Serve hot with toppings of your choice. You may even dust the surface of each bread slice with powdered sugar.
This goes to:
Other Breakfast Items: